Thursday, October 21, 2010

What The F$ck?


I was talking to my new assistant (love her to pieces) but it's funny how different someone in their 20's and someone in their 30's were raised...
I am probably the last generation to remember slow dancing in the club, being taught not to judge a book by it's cover, love, family and education were highly promoted (hence Cosby Show, Different World, Family Ties, Different Strokes, Facts of Life, Highway to Heaven etc) Cosby Show had all the guys crushing on Claire and Denise, Real Role Models existed (don't get me wrong Obama is definitely a role model but definitely does not have a huge effect on the youth today) Baby Mama/Baby Daddy wasn't the "In" thing to have or strive to have... I didn't know what "gay" was in high school it truly never dawned on me then either, chivalry totally existed must I go on?!..
Fast forward to my assistant (she is a good girl but this is what her generations is doing): casual sex is the thing for youngins to do,  women are aggressive, Guys no longer "court" a girl, gay is everywhere and 6th graders are hip to it, all clothes are becoming unisex (LOL), rappers are the new role model, girls strive to be video models and strippers and strive to have a baby by a millionaire, Drugs are promoted in music and tv like it is the thing to do, Men would rather have a trophy piece than a woman with substance...
And the one that I truly have to give the what the Fuck award is the Kardashian's are the new Cosby...

I wonder if the Amish would take me in LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nothing but the truth and nicely put together... the realness never hits the surface like the bullshit does!!!!! smfh